No More Heroes Nation Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forums for the un-official fansite for No More Heroes.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Modern Warfare 2: First Impressions

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Zies
Assassin
Assassin
Zies

Modern Warfare 2: First Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Modern Warfare 2: First Impressions   Modern Warfare 2: First Impressions EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 4:17 pm

Modern Warfare 2: First Impressions 256px-Modern_Warfare_2_cover

Developer: Infinity Ward
Publisher: Activision
Platforms: PC, XBox360, PS3
Release Date: 11.10.09 (NA)

So, Modern Warfare 2, the sequel to a game of the year choice just two years ago. CoD4 was an amazing game, hands down, and anyone who so chooses to contradict that fact is either wrong and stupid, or smart and capable of delivering a great argument against such a great game. But in my opinion, it's definitely an excellent game. The manner in which Infinity Ward presented their story was simply outstanding and the progression of the story was just as intense. Now, we...well, you eagerly await the release of Modern Warfare. This, I believe, we over-hype.

Story: I've only played the first three levels of the game so far, but from what little I've seen, I'm proud to say the cinematic of the game do not fail us. However, some portions could have been improved on, like the voice acting for example. It's not bad at all, but it could have definitely been better. Though I skipped through the two mission debriefings, it's easy to tell that you're going to be facing a worldwide conflict. This I like. :>

Graphics/ Features: The graphics is probably one aspect of the game that brings down the quality for me. To start things off, it looks almost exactly like those from CoD4. I understand that they can't really do much about it, but that's not what brings it down. The red Jell-O that the enemies throw at your face makes me want to cry. Here, Infinity Ward tried too hard to be inspired by Killzone 2 and Gears of War, but failed in the long run. The features, on the contrary, are, from what I've seen, amazing. The rumble of the controls are a little different, though the default controls are the same; but again, you can change them later. I have not gone through the options menu, so I won't tell you anything about that.

Gameplay: Much like other games in our day, you start off with some target practice and control configuration. As Private Allen, you show some noobs how to shoot and use their sights...what morons, I swear. If our soldiers will be like this, inexperienced and unable to point their gun at things on the battlefield in the future, then I can safely assume America is going to die a matter of years. But that's beyond the point. You run through a training course, wary of civilians, testing your reaction and controller, and then move on to the war. The fights so far have been straight forward, duck and find cover, shoot, reload, et cetera. After a few seconds of that, you get to move into different environments shooting anything moving that's not wearing the same clothes as you...except for civilians again...damn their appearance.
The level shown at E3 is pretty much the same. You go around, hiding with the sexy MacTavish killing the dots on your heartbeat sensor, avoiding the dots and fleeing from the dots at high speed chase while trees randomly fall down to impede your path. All of this is great...however, it feels way too similar to CoD4. I can't stress this enough, but there isn't really much of a difference, save for the few levels I've played. The online may be different, but that's a tale for another time.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2: First Impressions   Modern Warfare 2: First Impressions EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 11:10 pm

Saw this on Battery Acid so yeah, same comment as Battery Acid Modern Warfare 2: First Impressions 508564
Back to top Go down
https://nomoreheroesnation.forumotion.net
Zacbuttcrack
Lovikov
Lovikov
Zacbuttcrack

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2: First Impressions   Modern Warfare 2: First Impressions EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 1:20 am

Cool Zies, cool.. I didn't know you own a 360/ps3

Add me if you have a 360!
Back to top Go down
Spencer
Tsubaki
Tsubaki
Spencer

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2: First Impressions   Modern Warfare 2: First Impressions EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 4:04 pm

he wont add you...
Back to top Go down
http://nomoreheroesnatin.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2: First Impressions   Modern Warfare 2: First Impressions Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1